Selected Courtroom Victories
- State v. D.R.: Won contested felony probation revocation hearing based on new felony charge of Possession with Intent to Distribute, also resulting in dismissal of the new charges.
- T.S. v. A.B.: Successfully secured judgment for monetary damages in excess of $10,000.00 and dispossessory judgment. Subsequently won warrant hearing in the same matter resulting in felony charges against fraudulent tenant.
- State v. P.R.: Won contested probation revocation hearing based on new felony shoplifting charge.
- State v. A.R.: Client acquitted in DUI jury trial despite blowing over the limit at the County jail.
- State v. R.R.: Client acquitted of charges in traffic accident trial.
- State v. S.S. & R.I.: Clients acquitted loitering for drugs trial.
- M.I. v. B.P.: Negotiated the departure and re-payment terms of delinquent commercial tenant in a timely manner in order to accommodate new tenant.
Melissa Manfredi attended The University of Georgia, where she received a degree in Sociology with a focus on criminal behavior. Following undergraduate school, Melissa worked at Nelson, Mullins Riley & Scarborough as a Project Assistant in the litigation division. Subsequently, she attended law school at Georgia State University, where she attained her J.D. and focused largely on the area of commercial transactions. Melissa is very experienced in the field of criminal defense, as she began her career with the Public Defender's office in Whitfield County and subsequently DeKalb County.While with the Public Defender, she handled a Superior Court case load, conducted numerous trials and hearings, and achieved superior outcomes for her clients. She has earned success in trials on DUI, Misdemeanor Battery, Theft, and Kidnapping. She has won probation revocation hearings for new charges of Felony Shoplifting and Possession with Intent to Distribute, as well as trials in various traffic matters. Melissa has also delivered successful outcomes to several clients seeking to resolve Landlord-Tenant disputes, through negotiation and dispossessory proceedings.